Introduce Yourself (say hi)

Hey all :wave:

Welcome to the Statically Community!

Let’s adopt the classic forum style by introducing yourself here. Tell us a little about who you are, what you do, and what you use Statically for.

Add your comment also for What is your favorite free CDN?

Cheers :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Hi there~!

Leon checking in from Port Lincoln, South Australia.

Friend and former housemate of Mas @frans. Somehow ended up quite involved in static websites, so always enjoy anything to make them faster.

Into minimal tech/sites as much as possible (when not using overkill Docker for certain projects).

Considering to just hand-code all my sites without any CMS/generators from now on, to:

• learn CSS better
  • limit the amount of content/pages on site and instead aim for quality

I have too many “in-progress” projects, but love to give feedback to others on how they can simplify their setups :stuck_out_tongue:

Statically community is great for me to keep in touch somewhat with web perf techniques, with some really clever people here.

If you’ve got any questions about static sites, whether coming from WP or wanting to use a particular SSG, there may be some useful crumbs of knowledge floating around my head, or I should know who to ask.

Yay! Static geeks assemble!

Introduce Yourself :grinning:

Hey. My name is Shane. I’ve alternated between working in software and education for the last 30 years or so. I co-founded a school in the Czech Republic when it was just barely called that, and co-founded a children’s television production company in Ethiopia where I married and still live to support that company.

Currently I’ve been doing rails dev for the past 5 years or so and managing a rails dev team for about 4 years before that. Started a Shopify app dev company with a friend a couple years ago.

I’m hoping to use this service for some images presented to our clients in app.

• Shane

Welcome @shane :wave:t2:

Thank you for being interested in Statically, please let me know if you have any specific requests about your usage.

Hi @frans

I found you through this article https://dev.to/frans/free-fast-image-cdn-with-statically-supports-optimization-and-transformation-k1 but it seems like things have changed a bit. I guess I’m interested to know what’s current. The image playground mentioned to reach out through this forum regarding cropping.

Thanks so much.

Because it’s too resource-consuming for a free feature, now crop only available when you have a custom domain setup, if you wish I could send you details via PM if you are interested in this service.

@frans, makes sense. I’ll send you a PM