Statically API Key in CDN URL?

Hi @frans! I’m currently working on Statically extension for Mecha. Regarding the API key value, where should I put it? Is this token simply to be put on the CDN link after the domain like this?

https://cdn.statically.io/sites/mecha-cms.com/<API_KEY>/path/to/image.jpg

Looks impressive! :+1:

Sites (/sites/) has been deprecated, people shouldn’t be using it anymore. I want to make it more organized on /js/ and /css/ paths, like so:

https://cdn.statically.io/js/example.com/script.js
https://cdn.statically.io/css/example.com/style.css

The JS path is ready for production and it has also been implemented in the WordPress Plugin. CSS path is coming soon, at least once we have more backer on Patreon, that way I can spend more time to make the service even better and better.

We don’t have to add the API Key in the URL, it works behind the scenes, just need to input the same data as on the WordPress Integration page. We can create a page like that too for Mecha if you want?

it works behind the scenes.

Then, how can the token validates domain and such? Is this a one time token credential thing?

I mean, when I set a token in the form, do I have to validate during saving or it will validates every time the CDN URL accessed by the domain?

From your side, how can you read my API token, if it’s not embedded somewhere in my site?

We can create a page like that too for Mecha if you want?

I can pull a request for you under your agreement then. By the way, I have invited you to the GitHub project. Just in case you want to add more details about your services.

The JS path is ready for production and it has also been implemented in the WordPress Plugin.

Is this requires me to register my domain? Or, is it just works for any JS files?

The API key is basically irrelevant.
On the register page it says, it whitelists your domain.

By clicking Generate API Key button you are agree with our Privacy Policy and Term of Service . This form works by sending data to our API, then our API processing the data, whitelisting your domain on our network, and subscribes you to our mailing list to share updates and web perf goodies.

1 Like

@taufik-nurrohman and @benjaminwolkchen, for now, it whitelists domains on the CDN, but keys are saved for future usage: purge cache, etc.

@taufik-nurrohman well I moved the website to staticallyio/statically repo - pages, docs, blogs, it’s easier to manage now! Oh maybe I’ll provide a page for custom integration so that any CMS can work with the CDN. will probably do the work sometime today or tomorrow.

Is this requires me to register my domain? Or, is it just works for any JS files?

The domain should be registered.

I will remove the “Pro” tab temporarily until the API key feature is mature enough. It would also be good if I can provide a purge form in the dashboard to do the purge by myself using the API key as credential password.

Actually, you could just replace the title from “WordPress Integration” to “CMS Integration” and then add a list of supported CMS on that page. But, I think that “WordPress” title is already a good marketing title that drives people to click.