What was your first impression about Statically?

I am really curious about this, what things cross your mind after knowing this service. It would be really awesome if I knew these things so that I can improve everything :grinning:

I was pretty excited when I discovered Statically. I had been using various other CDNs, depending on deliverables, such as jsDelivr (slower than Cloudflare), GitHack (fast because Cloudflare, but lacking features such as auto-minify), etc. I switched most of my sites to Statically because it supports both minify and is fast!

Aside from adding npmjs proxying, a /combine feature would be swell. I wish that you weren’t getting rid of /sites (or whatever the endpoint is; I’m new here but discovered it on a Google search), but I understand the security concerns. It would be great if the free version of /images supported cropping and maybe focal points (or smart cropping), but I understand that nobody wants to work for free (I certainly don’t!) :slight_smile:

Thank you for the great service!!

1 Like

The reason why I abandoned Sites (/sites) was that it was too risky to put it on a free service, I didn’t have a large infrastructure to accommodate serious internet traffic. But I might have something that can replace it.

The Combine feature is great, it might be one that we can adopt!

Now, Statically Images provides Quality and WebP features, it’s free and unlimited, however Automatic Image Resize obviously takes up resources and it should be a paid feature (I hope everyone agrees with this).

And thank you for your kind words, Daniel :clinking_glasses:

First impression was amazing. Piece of cake to set-up (wordpress plug-in) and works like a charm. Too bad my site has content that may be considered NSFW so I probably need to switch back to ShiftCDN.

1 Like

Glad you liked the project, Bob :slight_smile:

I have a dream that this project can be used for educational purposes for our friends who are still in school so that they can learn about open source and make demos for their projects easily. That’s why we don’t provide support for NSFW content. I hope you understand.

It’s only about comics, but still… It’s because of the community I noticed the NSFW thing because the “terms” url returns a 503 error.

Error 503 first byte timeout

first byte timeout

Guru Mediation:

Details: cache-bwi5146-BWI 1602183217 1150118526

Varnish cache server

Hmm, where do you get the 503 first byte timeout? If you don’t mind, can you PM me with the URL? This shouldn’t be about the blocking.

Edit: it’s a temporary issue of the main site and everything should be fine by now.